Wednesday, April 20, 2011

List of Decks as of April 2011

Just to keep track of my collection, I'm posting my list of decks here:




More than 20 decks... I think it's a bit too much. The fact that 80% of the decks were bought in 2008 is somewhat perplexing. I'm not planning to become a hardcore Tarot Deck collector, so I don't plan to buy much more. I actually want to study and use them all, and goodness knows studying even just one deck takes up a LOT of time.

I came up with the Legend system to help me prioritize my studies as a beginning tarot reader. First, I want to nail down the basics with the light pink colored decks. Then to further hone my intuition while still being grounded in the basics, I plan to use the dark pink colored decks. For a real all-out intuitive study where I have to figure out most of the meanings myself (as they aren't traditional in the strict sense of the world), I have the burnt orange cards.

That said, I still have a few decks on my Wish List.

1) Shadowscapes Tarot
2) Tarot of the Magical Forest
3) Tarot of the Sweet Twilight (planning to get this if I spot it at FB)
4) Golden Tarot by Kat Black
5) Alchemical Tarot Renewed
6) Lunatic Tarot
7) Victorian Romantic Tarot

Non-tarot:
8) Victorian Flower Oracle (Magic Realist Press)
9) LoS Lenormand Oracle
10) Piatnik Lenormand

However, I'm not in a hurry to get these decks and at least a couple are Out Of Print. I even consulted the cards with a quick Yes-No reading last time when I was in FB Rockwell and saw 3 lovely boxed decks (The Fairy Tale, Mystic Faerie, and Wizards Tarot) all of which I was fond of but not crazy about. In normal circumstances, it would have been an impulse buy. Aside from saying No, the Tarot told me to work on my existing decks first and foremost!

During the coming vacation (Holy Week) I'm planning to take up a new divination system (Lenormand) using the Sylvie Steinbach book which I've had for a couple years now but never got around to studying. I'm excited! I'm hoping this could open up my intuition more. It's a different system from the Tarot.

2 comments:

Queen of Cups April 26, 2011 at 5:21 AM  

The Shadowscapes deck is my absolute favorite...definitely worth getting, if you want my opinion! :)

marimorimo May 2, 2011 at 10:07 PM  

It's beautiful alright :) I've been a fan of Stephanie Pui-Mun Law ever since I saw her work in Watercolor Fairies and I've waited for the release of Shadowscapes for years but still haven't gotten round to getting the deck. Shame on me! I'm thinking of making it my birthday present this year :)

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP